Rebecca T. Khan, MD, is an obstetrician and gynecologist. Dr. Khan graduated from Auburn University in 1993 with a degree in Zoology. She then graduated from the University of Alabama School of Medicine in 1997 and completed her OB/GYN residency at Eastern Virginia Medical School in 2001. Following residency, Dr. Khan moved to Clearwater, Florida practicing for two years before joining Churchland OB/GYN (now Monarch Women’s Wellness) in 2003.
“Dr. Khan was the first physician in Hampton Roads to perform a SILS (Single Incision Total Laproscopic Hysterectomy)”
Named a ‘Top Doctor’ by US News and World Report, 2013
Earned Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology™ (COEMIG™) designation by the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists (AAGL) and Surgical Review Corporation (SRC), 2014
Dr. Khan performs the following minimally invasive surgeries:
• Total laparoscopic hysterectomy
• Laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy
• Laparoscopic myomectomy
• da Vinci assisted laparoscopic surgery
• Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery (SILS)
Why You Can Trust Her:
• Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ACOG)
• Member of the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists (AAGL)
• Member of the Medical Society of Virginia (MSV)
• Earned Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology™ (COEMIG™) designation by the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists (AAGL) and Surgical Review Corporation (SRC)
• Board certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ABOG)
• Completed training certification on the da Vinci robotic surgical systems
Dr. Khan’s special interests include polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), in-office endometrial ablation (Novasure), in-office sterilization (Essure), infertility, adolescent care, and menopausal care.
What You May Not Know About Her:
A native of Opelika, Alabama, Dr. Khan remains a die-hard Auburn fan. She lives locally with her two sons, Alex and Mason and is married to Dr. Jamil Khan, Chief Neonatologist at CHKD. She also enjoys running, snow skiing, and spa days with her friends.